So I got a job, but…
**Originally posted January 19, 2009**
it blows…quite honestly it sucks monkey butt (have to admit, little worried about any ads that may come up with that phrasing, but it’s better than what I was going to write)…I’m working for a newspaper right now (and no I won’t mention names)…When I went in and dropped off my resume and cover letter, the boss made the job sounds better than it was and I know that a fairly common thing, but it was at a newspaper and he also made it seem like there would be a base pay involved…there’s not..only commission and I know for a fact that I cannot live on just commission…or at least not with what I’m doing…basically I’m going through other newspapers to call people from their classifieds and trying to get them to post their classifieds with our paper as well…it’s not a fun job and while most of the people I work with are okay, the job just plainly sucks…so currently I am still working there, but in the meantime I am also applying to tons of jobs…found some places that do genuinely seem like good places to work…and they have much better reps than that of the paper I’m working for…I’ve heard some stuff since beginning work there that plainly put are not cool…so yeah anyway I have more resumes and cover letters to put out





0 comments:
Post a Comment