Home Again
I was finally released from the prison that is Victoria Harbour today...lol...just kidding..it's not really a prison...prison at least you get time off for good behaviour...lol
I had gone up last week to continue helping with the pest control business stuff...marketing, communications, filing, answering the phone etc. On Monday Ross dumped me in Midland (in a sub division) to drop flyers off at people's doors. Wouldn't have been so bad if I had remembered or thought to bring some water, but it was freaking horrible out. The heat was something like 26/27 degrees (celsius) and I was wearing jeans and a tank top with a short-sleeved zip up jacket thingie and after 15 minutes I was dying. At least I remembered to wear a hat, but still...15-20 minutes in I had to take the jacket thingie off and wrap it around my neck and by the time I made down one side of the street (a very LOOONG street) and about a quarter of the other side (about an hour later) I had to sit down, because I was so dizzy and felt sick to my stomach. Ross pulled up a few minutes later and we went to Dairy Queen.
I also worked on a write up for the storefront service Ross has...spraying for spiders and other creepy crawlies and basically just making the entrances to stores and business clean and better looking. Got to go fishing too...I didn't catch anything, but Ross caught a pickeral (threw it back though and no I didn't get any pics, cus I forgot my camera on the deck)...
Also did lots of BBQing while I was there....was there Friday, Saturday and part of Sunday by myself...was doggy-sitting, so I think every lunch and dinner I BBQ-ed and then even after Ross got back I think pretty much everything (aside from the salad) was BBQ-ed...
It was all good...could have done without the almost 5-hour trip home, but eh...could have been worse.
I'm exhausted, so I'm going to watch my show then I'm going to bed. I have to go to some stupid workshop tomorrow and then I have an appointment with my employment counsellor.





1 comments:
I'm SO HAPPY I get to go back there tomorrow!!!
Can't wait to get through tomorrow's class!
Post a Comment