Tuesday, August 11, 2009

First Day of Work

Yes I know I suck at updating, but now that I'm working hopefully I shall be updating more. I'm sure working in a college bookstore will provide me with many stories and whatever to post.

Anyway, first off I am unbelievably exhausted. Everything went okay today with my first day of work at the Durham College, UOIT and Trent in Oshawa Campus Bookstore...they did a lot of training--went over a lot of information regarding policies, cash, working in the stacks, they had us practice on the cash registers under training mode and a bunch of other stuff. It all seems pretty straightforward, but trying to find textbooks and stuff is a little bit of a pain (especially for us shorties...lol), but it's all good. There was 5 of us starting today, so that was cool too.



They also gave us our schedule for next week through first week of October, so that's helpful...for the most part. This week all the trainees are working 9-3, but next week is going to blow hardcore for me though, since out of the new people, I'm the first to get the "oh so lucky" 6 a.m. start shift. On my way home I found out that neither of the two buses I take to get to work run that early (I have to leave the house about an hour before my shift starts to get there on time), so trying to sort out cab fare and whatnot in order to make it work.



I was so tired by the time I got home, that after I made Jessa and I dinner I ended up crashing on the couch for an hour then woke up long enough to watch an episode and a half of Wizards of Waverly Place (yes I was WOWP and I will admit I was Hannah Montana too, but that's besides the point...lol) then crashed again on the couch until about 8:30. Now I'm just waiting for my sleeping pill to kick in so I can get back to sleep. The falling asleep on the couch was entirely unintentional, but oh well.

Next week, we're expecting to get oh so busy with more students being on campus even though classes don't start for a few more weeks, but middle of August is apparently when it starts to get crazy busy and apparently doesn't really slow down much until October or so.



But right now my eyes are burning from exhausted and my sleeping pill is totally starting to kick it, so I am going to bed...or I am as soon as I finally get around to updating my blog...aka. posting pretty much the exact same article on my blog...lol..I'm just so darned lazy.

1 comments:

flit August 11, 2009 at 10:47 PM  

glad it went ok ...I'm sure you'll adjust to your new schedule and not find it as exhausting ...eventually

you'd better ...I have a house that needs a lot of painting, don't forget!

Post a Comment

Blog Counter

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations