Tornado Jess
I spent the entire time Jess was gone (from Saturday June 27-Sunday July 5) cleaning. She's like a fricking human tornado. I was gone for a about a week shortly before she left...she did very minimal cleaning while I was gone. That was not entirely unexpected, so I knew I would have my work cut out for me when I got back.
Now I don't claim to be the neatest or most organized person in the world (my bedroom would be the best example--consider it organized chaos) but I do make an effort to keep the rest of the place at least clean and whatever.
So while she was gone, I cleaned the living room, moved some furniture, cleaned off the two desks and tried to organize the stuff from them (papers, games etc)...I also cleaned the kitchen--mopped, did all the dishes (which I HATE HATE HATE doing...and I will admit I usually hold off doing the dishes as long as when I'm home by myself, but they do get done at least every few days regardless.
I also cleaned the bathroom and scrubbed down the sink and mirror and the floor.
Jessica got home yesterday and within SECONDS of walking in the door, she dumped her suitcase, duffel bag and knapsack on the living room floor and after playing with the cat and showing him off to our cousin and one of our cousin's friend, she proceeded to "unpack" her bags...ALL OVER THE LIVING ROOM FLOOR....then she left them there...
I tried to bribe her and I whined at her and then I ignored it...I did tell her to move them at least to one side and I would do her laundry for her. It didn't get done and yes mother you can say she manipulated me or whatever, but I ended up doing her laundry this morning anyway, even though she didn't move them. At least this way I can fold them and get them the hell out of the way, because quite frankly I'm klutzy enough without have to make my way through the Jessica Tornado Obstacle Course. I trip over flat surfaces and walk into doors and corners on a daily basis so I don't need the extra crap for me to trip over.
Besides, last night she made watch The 10th Kingdom. And for anyone who hasn't seen it or heard of it, I swear it has got to be one of the longest effing movies ever made. We started watching it around 3-3:30 and finished it around 10:30. As part of the deal for me watching it she has to watch Twilight tonight, and considering how much she's against all things Twilight, me doing two loads of her laundry on top of her having to watch the movie is fair enough.
I wonder how long it'll take her to destroy my hard work again tonight. I swear she manages to make huge messes just by sitting on the couch...I don't know how she does it, but geez she is a very talented slob. LOL
0 comments:
Post a Comment