Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Lost Dog Search and Thunderstorms

Today (when the weather was somewhere around 24 degrees and before the rain started) I was outside talking to a neighbour who I haven't talked to lately. After a little while a van pulled up and the lady driving asked us if either of us had seen a little black Chihuahua anywhere. Neither of us had, but a friend of Bev (my neighbour) had mentioned to her that she had seen a little black dog running around and that she had tried to catch it.

We talked for a little longer with Tina (the lady missing the dog) and offered to help look.. I ended up walking around the neighbourhood looking for the dog, Jada and talking to people to see if they had seen her. No one had and by the time I needed a break about an hour and a half later, there were 7 or 8 other people looking also.

As far as I know, she still hasn't been found, but when I went back outside around 3 p.m. to talk to Bev again there were still people looking and there were still people looking around 5:3 when I went out to grab a slice of pizza. That is also when the sky turned VERY dark, the wind picked up and the rain started...and stopped...and started...and stopped and then started again (still is raining at moment).

While walking to the pizza place, I happened to see a satellite dish laying the middle of the road, the wind was so bad. By the time I got home I was completely drenched, but at least it was still warm out...in fact it was so warm out that people at the pizza place were discussing the possibility of a tornado. I doubt it'll happen, but still.

And just because...a Winslow picture I just took, because he looked too cute laying next to me half asleep

3 comments:

flit April 26, 2009 at 3:33 AM  

he is very cute. For a cat, Scrooge says.

Tamara April 26, 2009 at 3:04 PM  

lmao...not being so cute today...being a gigantic pain in the ass

LadyJava May 1, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

Oh he is so cute..i have 6 of my own.. one just crossed the rainbow bridge last week.. sob sob

Post a Comment

Blog Counter

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations