Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Miley Scandal Update

**Originally posted February 12, 2009**


A few days ago I wrote about the Miley Cyrus scandal…..not long after I posted the article, I was perusing her official website and saw that she had posted another statement. She stated

“I want to thank all of my fans for their support…not only this week, but always! I really wanted to stress how sorry I am if the photo of me with my friends offended anyone. I have learned a valuable lesson from this and know that sometime my actions an be unintentionally hurtful. I know everything is a part of GODs ultimate plan and mistakes happen so that eventually I will become the woman he aspires me to be. Peace and love, Miles.”

Now whether or not her publicist or parents had something to do with this statement, even I have to admit that it does sound infinitely more sincere and apologetic than the first one. I would like to believe that she has ultimately learned a lesson, but I also know that as a 16-year old who is in constant spotlight with paparazzi and haters a like waiting for her mess up and make another mistake, it will undoubtedly happen again–intentional or not on her behalf.

She is a 16-year old and 16-year olds are going to mistakes–celebrities or not…the only difference is that when a 16-year old celebrity (or any celebrity for that matter) screws up, it is all over the media within hours. She is having to learn the hard way, but I also believe that if she truly does want to continue to be a good role model (for the most part) like all teen Disney robots then she can be. Everyone has to make mistakes and missteps and this was just one of the ones that she has made.

Earlier tonight I was one of my favorite celebrity sites (Oh No They Didn’t) when I came across a posting about as Los Angeles woman who had filed a class action suit against Miley Cyrus. In the suit, she claimed that the offending photo was mocking Asians and has demanded that Cyrus be responsible for paying up a total of about $4 billion. Lucie J. Kim is claiming to represent more than 1 million Asian Pacific Islanders who live in L.A. County. She stated in the suit that Cyrus “knew or should have know that her image would be publicly disseminated via the media, which Cyrus knew focused on her private life, specifically TMZ.” Kim is demanding that each Asian Pacific Islander is entitled to the minimum damages for a civil right violation–$4,000 each. She also states that Miley’s “just a kid” defense just doesn’t fly

So what do you guys think?


Was Miley’s apology sincere the second time around?


Should she be the only one with a civil suit filed against her?

Especially considering she was NOT the only one in the photo making offensive faces? I happen to think that the suit being filed against her is unjust especially considering she was in no way the only one involved with the photos.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Counter

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations