Friday, May 8, 2009

It's not every night I get an unexpected visit from the cops

Yeah, that's right the cops. The guy who lives upstairs came down and told me the cops were upstairs and needed to speak with me. Um okay...I go upstairs and sure enough there is a cop outside who immediately starts asking me if I know anyone by a certain name (which I won't mention)...I don't, but I told them I did know someone with the same last name. It's a fairly common last name though and I told the cop how I knew the person with the same last name, their family and that as far as I knew they did not have any family members with the same name as the person they were looking for.

Apparently this guy that they were looking for has been making VERY threatening phone calls to a girl a few cities over and I'm not sure how the cops got my address as the address where this guy supposedly lives. I can assure you he does not.



I had to answer a bunch of questions and give my name, birthdate, cell number etc as well as my sister's information and the guy who lives upstairs had to do the same and get the number for the landlord (the guy who lives upstairs is the landlord's son).

Lots of fun...not!

I am definitely going to be locking my main door very often now too...I usually have it locked when I'm here by myself on the weekends, but still. Especially since I don't know how the police got this address--whether the girl gave them this address or what.

1 comments:

flit May 9, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

Sounds like ~fun~

I'm glad it really wasn't anything to do with you guys though

Post a Comment

Blog Counter

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations