Friday, May 8, 2009

Mac Tech Support and Why Go Transit Sucks

Yesterday was a very long day. I had to go to Yorkdale Shopping Centre (to the closest Apple Store near where I live) to have a supposed Apple Techie to fix my laptop battery. My battery stopped working last October or November for no apparent reason. Wasn't really a big deal, but I have grown increasingly annoyed by it so I have been trying to get it fixed.
Technically it's not covered by warranty, but Apple has been really good about the whole "not covered under warranty" thing with me, so the guy (whose name is actually Guy..haha go figure) replaced the battery with a supposedly new and working one after telling me that a new one would be about $150 and a reused one would be about $107....to which I replied "it ain't happening, cus I don't have the money for it".

Anyway he did whatever and made it so I wasn't charged for the battery or the new power cord I got. I finally left and went down to the Go Transit station to catch the bus home. The bus wasn't scheduled to leave for like another 4-5 minutes, so I should have had enough time to go buy my damn ticket and catch the bus--the stupid driver however left early and despite the fact that I was standing on the platform to get on the bus, she pulled out and shook her head to basically tell me she wasn't going to let me on. A few other people on the next platform were talking to me about drivers that do that all the time and how it wasn't right. I was annoyed obviously, but whatever. I went in to ask the ticket seller when the next bus was and was told that the 5:14 bus had just left...to which I almost replied yeah and it's only 5:12 according to their clocks, but I was tired and she told me the next one was at 5:25.

Fine, whatever....I pulled my laptop out and tried to start it up. It wasn't working, but I just figured the battery was drained and it would have to be fully charged first. Not a big deal--so I pulled my power cord out and plugged it in so I could use my laptop while I waited. Guess what I found out? THE SUPPOSEDLY NEW BATTERY STILL DOESN'T WORK...as far as my laptop is concerned there is no battery attached to my laptop--all it says is "no batteries available"

Uh excuse me? No...I did not spend two hours on a Go Bus, wait 30 minutes for my scheduled appointment and another 30 minutes waiting for Guy to figure out why my battery is screwed in the first place, only for it to still not work. So I went back up to Apple store and waited again. One of the Concierge people finally came over and asked if I had an appointment. I explained that no I did not, but I had been here for my 3:30 appointment at which point my battery had supposedly been fixed, but that I had just checked and according to my laptop the battery was NOT working. She then tried to tell me that I would have to wait until the next available appointment time at 8:15 p.m. to be seen again. I was not okay with that and told her so, at which point to then tracked down Guy and he came out to take another look. He had no freaking idea why it wasn't working....sometimes the battery works and sometimes not. He's ordering a part for the computer and I'll have to give my laptop up for a few days for them to deal with it when the part comes in. He actually doesn't seem to think that the new part will fix the computer, but says there's a chance it will.

Whatever, I'll cope without having my laptop for a few days--I can do it...I think...lol..
So I finally got back home just before 8 last night, with a somewhat working battery and laptop.

1 comments:

flit May 8, 2009 at 11:06 PM  

hopefully they will sort it out for you one way or another

they really have been good about covering it so far

Post a Comment

Blog Counter

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations