Monday, January 18, 2010

Lazy Weekend

I was planning on working on my blog a bit this weekend but didn't really get around to it. I did make up a list of things I will possibly try to incorporate into my blog and did some research but yeah, obviously I didn't really get around to adding or changing anything.

Instead this weekend was spent watching hours and I do mean hours of Lord of the Rings. When the movies were first coming out, I did see them just not in order and up until last weekend and this weekend I hadn't seen them in order. LOTR just isn't the same watching Two Towers, then Fellowship of the Rings, then Return on the King, so a few weeks ago Jess brought her Extended version DVD's home from Brampton and last weekend we watched the first two and then this weekend watched the last one. That is A LOT of LOTR. Not that I'm really complaining because they really are good, but somehow the idea to rewatch the movies with cast commentary came about and so after finishing Return of the King, we started over just with the commentary. Which is really quite funny at times (if not a little hard to follow just because there are so many cast members giving commentary, but still. We still have Return of the King to watch with commentary and sounds like we're gonna watch it Tuesday night. Jess also wants to watch a bunch of the special features (which we did watch some of for Fellowship).

Jess also went searching for one set of her copies of the books (she seriously owns like at least 4 different versions of the novels...and the DVD's) and found them so now she wants me to read all of them too. Thinks it will give me a better understanding of the movies...apparently asking repeatedly "whose that," "what's going on," "why are they doing that" etc gets annoying after awhile...LOL...admittedly some of the time I was just doing it to bug her but still.

Anyway, pretty much the entire weekend was spent watching LOTR and was in fact a very lazy weekend for both of us, but it was fun, so it's all good (and no I do not want to hear about it mom...LOL).

I am now going to bed because my sleeping pill is finally kicking in.

That is all.

1 comments:

flit January 20, 2010 at 12:25 AM  

sure hope something shows up soon!

economy is supposed to be RECOVERING now ... that SHOULD mean jobs, I hope!

Post a Comment

Blog Counter

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations