Finally home...and still covered in paint
On Friday, Jess and I took the Greyhound to Peterborough to help paint Mom and Ross' new house. It was a very long weekend and I ended up getting covered in paint--all over my feet, legs, arms and in my hair. We've all got paint on us, but still. At least most of the "oh so fugly" colours that the house was originally painted are gone. The main floor and the attic are now painted in Cottage White (although I took to calling it buttercream, so it would seem less boring) and have a pinkish/purple colour trim.
There's still the second floor left to do but we didn't get that far this weekend, but we did get quite a bit done, so I think it was all good. Considering we took a few hours off last night to out for dinner for Jessa's birthday we did manage to get a considerable amount of painting done and I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'm exhausted.
We took the bus home a few hours ago (the trip via Greyhound bus is a little over an hour) and came home to find two piles of cat vomit (thanks Winslow you furry little bugger) and a couch cushion with huge chunks of foam ripped out. Apparently his scratching post just isn't cutting it for him, cus he's taken to scratching the carpet, the walls, the couch cushions and me laterly. It's truly annoying although not as much as the throwing up. We've tried switching foods a bunch of times and still he throws up....it's less now than it was before but still. It's gross and quite frankly a waste of money, so now we're talking about either 1. trying the vet's brand of food and/or 2. taking him to the vet to get checked out. Still up in the air, so we'll see...have to see how much an appointment would be.
And now I am going to bed. I'm exhausted and have to work tomorrow--although I don't start until 2, so that's kinda good.
1 comments:
You guys did a great job on the painting, and we really appreciate it.
We're going to have an open house the weekend after next, so maybe you guys could do that bus thing again?
Post a Comment