Thursday, October 22, 2009

A very long and overdue update

Okay so clearly I suck...lol...It's been so long since I've updated I actually had to go back read the last few posts just to see what I had last written about. Anyway, because I have not slept in something like 30 hours (give or take) this post will be short and somewhat bulleted. But hey, it's better than nothing....right?

Painting/New House Update:
All done paint-wise, and as far as I know the majority of other new house stuff is done too. Went back up before the Open House thingie and finish stuff like new flooring in the attic bathroom and getting food ready and all that fun stuff.

Job Update:
I did finally find a job (although it was a temporary contract position) with the Campus Bookstore. Was (for the most part) fun. Met a few nice people and some who if I never see them again it would be awesomely perfect. Really good friends with one of the girls still, where a lot of the people we worked with thought we've known each other for awhile. Anyway that job was scheduled to end Oct 2, but because the bookstore slowed down so much the managers decided to end some of the contracts early.

So now I am back to looking for a job, but at least there seems to be more job postings and positions available that I'm better qualified for. Compared to last summer there is definitely more out there, so crossing fingers it won't take too long to find another job.

Prince Winslow the Dipstick Update:
When the hell did he get so big? Seriously, it seems like overnight he went from being small and fluffy to being a grown cat who weighs a freaking ton. I shall take a photo or two and try to get them posted soon. Might even do a before/after thing, since I have TONS of photos of him from when he was just a teeny tiny thing.

Miscellaneous:
So yeah, not much going on. Just the job search thing and of course my countdowns. I have tickets to see "This Is It" (the Michael Jackson movie, for those who have no idea). My friend Amanda (my friend from the bookstore) and I are going next Wednesday (totally can't wait!!!) and following that comes the release of New Moon (part of the Twilight Saga) in November. Both Amanda and I are looking forward to getting tickets for that too. Hmmmm maybe I'll have to get some actual countdowns posted on here somewhere...lol.

And now I am going to clean or something. Anything to stay awake until at least 8-9 tonight, so that I have a decent shot of getting a normal night's sleep. Psssssht...I can dream

1 comments:

flit October 23, 2009 at 11:00 PM  

cool....an actual update - that includes actual information even

Post a Comment

Blog Counter

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations